31.3.09

The Winter's Tale


Awesome! The audience including me is mesmerized. For at least 5 minutes after the show, the audience never stops applauding. I saw a girl seating behind me with teary eyes and the audience is awed with amazement.
Simon Russell Beale’s performance as the jealous King Leontes is so powerful. Even though I can’t see his face from where I am seating, his voice is full of feelings you can feel his anger while accusing her Queen, and his agony when he realizes his mistake. Rebecca Hall’s performance is remarkable, for a minute I want to scream and tell King Leontes, hey your queen is innocent, set her free! Ethan Hawke is remarkably good and different bringing tension reliever and comic relief in the show. I remember him as an actor for serious roles, but here, he brings comic relief as Autolycus, a beggar and thief with a guitar on his hand, singing and dancing!
Overall great performance by the casts and the production is excellent! 5/5 As we are now experiencing crunch time, this play is still worth seeing!

No comments: