30.3.09

The Rebooked Ticket

Here’s my first official blog entry for this year. I should be posting today my review for Shakespeare's play I watched yesterday, but before that let me share you the adventure I went through getting the ticket.
I bought the ticket last March 15, after Simone, my friend who is currently based in London told me about it. She mentioned about this play she wanted to see but she couldn’t until May. Wait, she didn’t mention the play, she asked me how far I am from The Esplanade Theater, and that her sweetheart Simon Russell Beale will perform there. I get only able to know the play title after I tell her I’m going to watch it. Sorry Simone, I couldn’t contain it to myself, I have to spill it out.


I invited a friend to come with me and we booked ticket for Thursday, March 26. The day comes and something emergency came up at the last minute… In short, I missed it. I almost lost my interest in seeing the play until I read a SMS from a friend which I supposed to go with that night. He simply said, “Hey, awesome play! You should see it!”
So what I did, last Saturday, I went back to The Esplanade Ticket Office to get a new ticket. Sad, the same category I booked last time is already sold out. That’s category 6, ticket price is S$85- plus S$3- SISTIC Fee. So I ask for the next price which is category 5, S$120- plus S$3- SISTIC Fee. I thought they might cancel the S$3- SISTIC Fee if they will learn that I was supposed to see it but unfortunately miss it. Whoa, the lady attending me said, “Can you wait a minute, the promoter is here today, let me see what I can do for you, ok? Meanwhile let me have you’re old ticket.” So she went to a room for about 10 minutes, and after that she came back smiling at me. I can sense she has good news for me.
“We don’t normally do this, but the promoter agrees to refund your ticket. Unfortunately, the same category is not available anymore, so we offer you an upgrade to category 4, you just pay the difference, is that ok with you?”
OFCOURSE! I’LL TAKE IT! The lady’s name is Joanna, she’s very helpful. Thanks Joanna! Now my excitement is back with a better seat!

No comments: